Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Creative Writing Contest

We have been working on raps and poetry in French class since the middle of December, and I have been very impressed with the work that the students have been doing.  We started working on class raps, then moved on to writing raps in groups, then to partners.  Now students are starting to work on individual raps and poems, and every time I read them, I am blown away by the quality of their work.

So, yesterday, when Mrs. Will was talking to the teachers about the guidelines for the Creative Writing Contest, I suddenly thought "Why can't the students turn in French poems or raps?"  

So here's your challenge, Lee Academy.  The Creative Writing Contest deadline is fast approaching (Monday, 16 April).  If you would like to write a rap or poem to submit, come see me at snack recess (Days 1, 3, 4) or lunch recess (Days 2, 3, 4), and we can see what sorts of amazing poems you can write - en français, bien sûr!

No comments:

Post a Comment