Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thank you, Google!

I am a big fan of all things Google.  And today, I was charmed by the video that Google put up as a Valentine's Day gift to its users.  It is a wordless animated story of boy meets girl, with a lovely little moral at the end.  The original shown here in Canada has Tony Bennett's "Cold, Cold Heart" playing, but the one I found on YouTube has an instrumental track, which lends itself to a French classroom a bit better!

I saw it this morning and immediately changed my plans to include this video in my lessons today.  We watched it, and the kids helped me retell the story, (with the help of some newly introduced vocabulary).  Then we talked about how to be a good friend to those you care about, and all in all, we had one of the nicest Valentine's days lessons!

If you didn't catch the doodle on Google's homepage today, you can see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment